Hey guys!

Bad_Dan

Hey there! I'm new here but long time lerker! Finally took the plunge and decided to register instead of stalking everyones topics without commenting. UK newbie to everything to do with up there, only got my first every scope at the end of last year and have never looked back! Absolutely hooked now, and have now started venturing into astrophotography with a very meagre setup. I'll include some pics below, to make my first post that even more newbieish!

If you guys could give me any tips on imaging it would be much appreciated! Already took a few now but i think with my latest of Jupiter, i'm just starting to get the hang of it!

All the below images were captured using a Neximage CCD cam

200p 8" Dobson with a lazy susan bearing modded mount.

All hand guided (wish i could afford a decent mount!)

My latest Jupiter pics, each captured using 200 frames. Processed in registax and after processing in GIMP2 to add false colour and sharpen it up a little.

Jupiter10.30.12(1)

Jupiter10.30.12

Heres a moon pic i took a while ago, my first real attempt at registax and imaging really... Consists of two images stitched together, captured from seperate .avi files.

Moon30.05.2012(2)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dan and welcome to SGL, nice work with your images, Clavius crater shows up well on your Moon pic, you will never have any money now you have succumbed to the dark side though, as you have used the new imagers fatal words " I wish " lol :)

John.

Archived