Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astroman "Honored"

Astroman

This Saturday past, the Saguaro Astronomy Club held a dinner commemorating its 30th year in existence. Our club President took this occasion to honor certain members that had "gone above and beyond the call of duty to further the cause of amateur astronomy". President's Awards went to Steve Coe, for his work with novices, A.J. Crayon for his organization of the All Arizona Messier Marathon, Gene Lucas, as a founding member and his continued involvement, Jack Jones, (in absentia), for his public star party coordinating efforts and Steve Dodder for, "His work to preserve the Pierre Schwaar Binocular Chair, the legacy of a treasured member, whose contributions to the club & astronomy community will now live on."

I was completely taken by surprise by this, and was deeply touched at the recognition. I'll scan the award and post it on my website when I get the chance.

I think your peers are aware of the larger contribution you are making too Steve.

Many congratulations my friend, it couldn't have happened to a nicer Guy.

Have a nice meal with Rosie to celebrate, and of course a large bottle of Vino.

Ron. :lol:

Thanks everyone. It was very much of a surprise. I feel a bit guilty, having failed to make it actually work for very long this time, but I'm sure, and even more motivated, that it will work next year. :lol:

It's funny Ron should suggest a dinner out with Rosie, as tomorrow's our 8 year anniversary anyway. We're going out tonight. :D

Archived