Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Baader Hyperion MK III 8-24 Zoom EP Jammed

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well got the meade today luke, raining, but looks a nice bit of kit, good size exit pupil, smooth action and well made, hope it`s not too long before i can test the thing properly, but with the size of the exit should be good for any afocal photography, tried a quick look out the window at a house but being just across the road was too close to focus without holding it out of the eyepiece holder, hope i donn`t have the same problem when it get used for it`s proper use, but i could always unscrew the lens from my barlow if need be.

I like the look of the Meade zoom. It reminds me of my favourite EP...............32mm GSO. Meade is by NO means a bad make of optics. It seems more popular in America then here in this part of the world.

Hope you get to use it soon. Look forwards to first light report.

P.S.~~~dont worry about not getting good focus on the house across the road from you. All EP's have lower limits and if something is too close they wont focus 100%.

I like the look of the Meade zoom. It reminds me of my favourite EP...............32mm GSO. Meade is by NO means a bad make of optics. It seems more popular in America then here in this part of the world.

Hope you get to use it soon. Look forwards to first light report.

P.S.~~~dont worry about not getting good focus on the house across the road from you. All EP's have lower limits and if something is too close they wont focus 100%.

#

luke, i am a newbe, and have very little experiience of ep`s, all i know is the standarded issued ep`s that are sent out with skywatcher scopes are Rubbish they have a small hole your suppose to look through, the 10mm is just about unusable, i brought my 10" off ebay last febuary as my first scope with a couple of gso ep`s .....a 15mm which is my most used and then with a barlow, and my search ep which is the 2" 30mm which is great for finding things with a wide f.o.w , not really tested the meade yet but it`s looking great before i even point it at the sky and a t 50 quid cann`t really go wrong... i was saving for the hyperion, makes the wife wife happy being an acceptable impulse buy lol, think at my experience level paying as much for an ep as the scope would of really annoyed the wife!

As I mentioned in my earlier thread I have no doubt that Baader will replace it when it is returned to them, even though it is outside the guarantee period, Baader have a very big reputation that their goods are fit for purpose and meant to last, they would not want a small lens to tarnish that in any way and, of course, another feather in FLO`s cap for replacing without question :)

John.

Archived