Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

1.5 Erecting Eyepiece. Question.

The erecting eyepiece just turns the image the right way up - usually for the benefit of terrestrial viewing - I think you'll find the image is still reversed side to side though. I'm guessing it magnifies the view by 1.5x as well - but could be wrong on that one. :)

As brantak says, it is used for terrestial viewing and will give you 50% more magnification. Dont bother using for Celestrial as it really does not matter that much if you are looking upside down and back to front if looking at stars.

As brantak says, it is used for terrestial viewing and will give you 50% more magnification. Dont bother using for Celestrial as it really does not matter that much if you are looking upside down and back to front if looking at stars.

I often use a prism diagonal that gives a correct image - I find it handy for referring to moon charts, and star charts. I know you can get moon charts that are reversed image - but star charts are always correct image.

I often use a prism diagonal that gives a correct image - I find it handy for referring to moon charts, and star charts. I know you can get moon charts that are reversed image - but star charts are always correct image.

I'm the same i prefer using an erect prism also.

Archived