Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

100 quid to spend.

SmokeyJoe

Currently got a sw200p on a motorised eq6. I have about 100 quid to spend on accessories. Any suggestions

Currently thinking of the following

Replacement Ep for the sw 10mm

Cheap refractor (sw Capricorn 70?) as a grab and go.

Cheap planetary camera (Orion solar system imager IV?)

Any suggestions?

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

I'd get a tent and clear off to a dark sky site, we've had nothing but clag in Middle Earth !

I'd get a 25mm Bst Explorer and a 12mm Bst Explorer off Alan. The 25 will let you search and the 12 will give you enough mag and fov for galaxies and nebs.These are two great eps for the money and will serve you well.

You can make a webcam for a few quid. Get a nosepiece and an IR filter... simples!

Nick.

Cheers guys nice dark skies here so tent not needed, got a basic collimator, never needed to use it tho! I'll admit ep's are looking more likely, not that I have anything to compare it with but I don't find the sw 25 mm too shabby, so assuming I keep the sw 25mm and get a 12mm bst to replace the 10mm is there a goodish wide angle out there for 50-60 quid?

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Me personally.. I'd buy a !5mm Bst...Did i say Bst lol, from Alan at http://www.skysthelimit.org.uk/.. an as Brant say's a Collimator (you will always need one), I have a Cheshire but to be honest i think i would have gone for a laser as the Cheshire you really need 6ft long arms lol. and maybe a ally case for £35 from Maplin to put my gear in :laugh:

Archived