Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ring nebula, and andromeda galaxy

iantobach

thanks guys- I`m really happy with the ring- the colours weren`t so pretty on the original- so fiddled in photoshop, the moon was fairly bright when i imaged andromeda, i`m looking forward to getting my first dslr for my upcoming birthday- so hope to aim for the quality of andromeda as some of the other posts here.

Superb ring. How did you get that FOV on M31?

meade f3.3 focal reducer- was a b***** to focus on my aging laptop- was thouroghly played with in photoshop using noels actions also stacking helped a bit.I`ve said it before- can`t sing the praises of noels actions enough for messing about after registax.the colours on the ring were brought out with a lot of playing.

I took the ring without the focal reducer btw!- used my 2x barlow, and spent ages training the scope, and polar aligning( for the third time ever!), used my hartman mask for focussing( bought from astroengineering- is really helpful as focussing iv`found is the most difficult), I`ve now enlarged it and put it up in my office.( feel like i`m cheating a bit with the amount of fiddling with photoshop colours i applied!)

Thanks guys it helps make the effort feel worth it!!

ianto

Archived