Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Aero ED vs Panaview?

starscy

At F5 the Aero ED will be better corrected at the edges of the field of view than the Panaview, though still not sharp right across. At F/9 the difference would be minimal, if anything.

The exit pupil of a 38mm or 40mm eyepiece at F/5 is rather too large really - 32mm would be a more effective focal length.

I use to have a low power Aero ED eyepiece for a while. The contrast was good and star fields were sharp in the centre but distinct seagulls formed to the edge of field and that was with a well collimated F10 SCT. So there may be some improvement in contrast but little else and I do not know how it might perform at F5.

Great Bear,

Looked at the review but i don't totally agree with it. However i was making the comparison at F5.3 against the Panoptic which is not fair and there is only going to be one winner of that head to head. It is a shame that they are not 140 quid.

It was a well written review though.

Alan

Archived