Perhaps the clouds would go away if anyone who buys a new scope has the packaging disguised as something else ??

Mind you a sudden influx of plain brown wrapped packages to my house would raise the eyebrows of the mrs ;)

What I usually do to get good weather - is hang around waiting for months on end whilst getting on the missus nerves fiddling with scopes doing mods in the lounge and spending money on upgrade gear. It usually works - after 6mths there's suddenly one clear night lol :)

Bit of a catch 22 I'm afraid. You cannot buy a scope and then have good weather and clear skies for approx 2 weeks normally. I was lucky when I bought my latest scope, I had a clear night (well for a couple of hours) then it was cloudy for the following month. Hope you get some clear skies soon. The only other way would be to move to another country.

Paul.

There's always the underpants on ya head rain dance but all new scopes come with a month of rubbish wether

pat

that wasn't true in my case.... i bought a 200p dob from wex and when it was delivered the base was damaged so the base had to go back, the only problem was i had booked my yearly vacation to the states and the base didn't get back to me until the day after i had left, i was in the usa for a month during which time the weather down here in cornwall wasn't too bad, so by the time i had got home and assembled my new base obviously the weather went pants again and has been since ( i have only managed one decent night with the 200p since i got it which was months ago now :(

bleddy weather!!

that wasn't true in my case.... i bought a 200p dob from wex and when it was delivered the base was damaged so the base had to go back, the only problem was i had booked my yearly vacation to the states and the base didn't get back to me until the day after i had left, i was in the usa for a month during which time the weather down here in cornwall wasn't too bad, so by the time i had got home and assembled my new base obviously the weather went pants again and has been since ( i have only managed one decent night with the 200p since i got it which was months ago now :(

bleddy weather!!

Kamikaze where in cornwall are you?

Sent from my galaxy s3 using tapatalk 2

Archived