stargazine_ep44_banner.thumb.jpg.6153c4d39ed5a64b7d8af2d3d6061f61.jpg

45 hour collaboration.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When Les Tilly kindly offered me his Ha data we decided on a full collaboration and asked Tom O'Donoghue to join in with his 11 hours of luminance. So what's it like working on 45 hours' data from thr

Fair point, Neil, and one which Per and Dennis have made as well. Here's a bit more contrast in the central region and a bit more of a central inferno! Thanks for the critique. Olly

You're right about the M31 'warped record' look. It's what I knew I wanted and hadn't got, but I hadn't seen the way to get it. Olly

I notice that the two extreme left dust lanes are just starting to show :)

I know, but the Baby Q data at F3.9 went the deepest of all on this outer glow. Yes, time for more exposures for that bit!!

Olly

This is becoming seriously outstanding Olly. So much detail I can hardly take it all in.

I can almost see what appears to be another tiny galaxy but cannot reference it anywhere, so it may just be a trick of the light, so to speak. It's a just a wee bit north of Hip 3091. You have the original file, see what you think.

This is becoming seriously outstanding Olly. So much detail I can hardly take it all in.

I can almost see what appears to be another tiny galaxy but cannot reference it anywhere, so it may just be a trick of the light, so to speak. It's a just a wee bit north of Hip 3091. You have the original file, see what you think.

Ah yes, this is Penrice 1. :grin:*

I'm out for the count right now and going to bed for a change but, more seriously, I'll have a good look tomorrow.

Olly

* I know this because I accidentally created it in Photoshop...

Edited by ollypenrice

One minor comment would be that it does look a little flat, with 45 hours of data and a little "Local Histogram Equalisation" would give it more of a 3D effect, a bit of depth?

I know that you need to be careful with this tool but I'm sure that you can manage to apply it.

One minor comment would be that it does look a little flat, with 45 hours of data and a little "Local Histogram Equalisation" would give it more of a 3D effect, a bit of depth?

I know that you need to be careful with this tool but I'm sure that you can manage to apply it.

Fair point, Neil, and one which Per and Dennis have made as well. Here's a bit more contrast in the central region and a bit more of a central inferno! Thanks for the critique.

Olly

M31-LES-TOM-OLLY-IAN-core-up-XL.jpg

• Like 5

That's it perfection! The dust lanes now are giving it that extra dimension! Looks like a warped record but much more beautiful.

You're right about the M31 'warped record' look. It's what I knew I wanted and hadn't got, but I hadn't seen the way to get it.

Olly

• Like 1