Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eyepiece light scatter

Talitha

(Sorry it took me so long to get back in here.. had to unplug because of thunderstorms.)

Thanks for your replies! :D

I have some flat black paint left over from coating the inside of a barlow, which is why it was the first thing that crossed my mind. But using black marker on the threaded area is a great idea. It would eliminate the chance of any paint chips/dust getting onto the optics, and also the filters.

I really don't use filters too much, but the one used the most is my O-III.. wouldn't want anything abrasive to get on it.

Thanks again! :lol:

I've used a marker pen for hiding wear and scratches in the past. Another way is to use "engineers blue" which is an ink based liquid (very thin) that is used on metal so as you can scribe cut marks etc. It is a bit harder wearing than marker pen and is available in black even though its called blue!

JV :lol:

It is also a lubricant so is ideal for threads.

Archived