Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 22.10.12

Virgoman

Hi all, just posting an image from some I shot on 21-22nd October. Conditions were trying with heavy dew and fog patches covering the sky at intervals complete with them reflecting the nice orange glow of light pollution!! Anyway, image was taken with a C8, Revelation barlow and DBK618 with Baader UV/IR cut. Image processed with Autostakkert, Registax 6 and Photoshop. Europa is visible to the right. Not sure about the colour though - bit on the brown side :sad:. Maybe Jupiter`s shadow? or my crappy processing more like :rolleyes: . Fairly pleased given poor conditions and previous red coloured efforts - still getting used to this camera - on learning curve - but very pleased with unit. I think I need to tweak the collimation or get an electric focuser?

Best to all,

Ralph

post-4992-0-55495700-1351019057_thumb.jp

Thanks Atlas and Stonemonkeylives for taking the time to comment - it is much appreciated guys. Ethereal was the word my wife used when she saw it and I did try to get the colours balanced given the earlier red bias shananigans. I have to confess though it looks better printed out by my Canon printer on Canon paper than it does when opened on the screen of my little Asus netbook.

Ralph

Hi Neil thanks for the reply. Yes, conditions were hopeless really - had to retreat up the garden as where I usually observe was badly flooded with so much rain! Tantalising glimpse is a word that springs to mind!

Best,

Ralph

Archived