Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

At the risk of boring you...

ollypenrice

Ian and I shot some dogy Ha under a poor sky and were able to keep 6x15 minutes of it. That's dismally inadequate but since there is nothing to resolve bar some blobs I brutalized it with stretching and noise reduction before combining it with the recently posted LRGB. We'll get more in a couple of days, after a storm has passed, but even this little squeaklet is worth having...

M31-HaLRGB-2-panel-20-Hrs-XL.jpg

Olly with Ian Bird.

(The farmhouse has a brand new roof so at least we now know that it keeps out Alpine thunderstorms. It was a serious belter last night...)

That Ha looks like little sparkly jewels - Very nice. Glad that the roof keeps you dry!! I think you've copped for the storms that came straight up from Africa for us, the annual Gota Fria (Warm dump!) - Masses of rain, but clearing now I hope!

i really dont think you are in danger of boring us. even your worst efforts are better than most and i for one never get tired of seeing your amazing pictures. many thanks for sharing.

pete

Ian posted a beautiful pic on the Baker Street Irregulars Facebook page of M45 that you worked on together. Was this one taken with Ian's WO FLT98 as well?

No, this was with the in-house kit of Takahshi FSQ85ED and Atik 4000 CCD. Ian did a good job with his M45, too.

Olly

Really nice! You found plenty of space around this massive galaxy, must be at very short FL!?

Gina was right; 328mm (and F3.9.) It's still a mosaic, though. A 328mm single panel gives this on a 15mm square chip; http://ollypenrice.s...M31-LRGB-X3.jpg

The TEC 140 is on the mount (FL980mm) to see if we can tease some more tasty details from the dust lanes and around the core. I'm really enjoying this one!

Olly

Ian and I shot some dogy Ha under a poor sky and were able to keep 6x15 minutes of it. That's dismally inadequate but since there is nothing to resolve bar some blobs I brutalized it with stretching and noise reduction before combining it with the recently posted LRGB. We'll get more in a couple of days, after a storm has passed, but even this little squeaklet is worth having...

M31-HaLRGB-2-panel-20-Hrs-XL.jpg

Olly with Ian Bird.

(The farmhouse has a brand new roof so at least we now know that it keeps out Alpine thunderstorms. It was a serious belter last night...)

That's really boring!!! NOT... :grin: Fantastic image as usual Olly. Nice to see the BabyQ is doing the job.

Archived