Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep3_banner.thumb.jpg.5533fb830ae914798f4dbbdd2c8a5853.jpg

Photosbykev

While I was waiting for the Orionids

and my main camera was clicking away, I was shooting with a second camera :)

The Milky way looking North West with M31 - Andromeda on the left

mw_2012_pro_ps.jpg

Looking South towards Orion over Llyn Celyn near Bala in North Wales

17mm_201012_pro_ps.jpg

img_0548.jpg

• Like 4

Great stuff - lovely images :)

Typically Orion, always chasing after the Pleiades ;)

Nice work.

Looks like you have the double cluster at the top of the first one, too.

James

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lancebloke
      So, although I had some issues with my auto guiding (which I found out afterwards) I did manage to get 9x180s exposures and 5 darks of Andromeda and give both stacking (using DSS) and processing (using GIMP).
      My first attempted DSO....

I am pretty sure that people could get far more information out of the TIFF file from the stack.
      Hopefully I will get another clear night soon. I am in a heavily light polluted area so I do have a clip in filter on my DSLR which I think took a lot away.
      More practise needed!
      Lance
    • By beka
      Hi All,
      Having had to move to an apartment where I could not use my CPC 1100, I decided that I have to see what I could do with my NexStar SLT 102 (alt-az achromatic 102mm f6.47 refractor). Setting up on my narrow balcony was challenging and the altitude bearing was so loose that it almost moved from the weight of the Canon 700D. I could not see M31 in the estimated 3.5 magnitude sky so I did a two star alignment and used the live-view to focus on a bright star. I then took a 15 second exposure after slewing to M31 which allowed me to see that I had it in the field of view. After a few more 15 second exposures and playing with the motion controls I managed to get it centered. The resulting picture is from 39 subs of 30 seconds at ISO 1600, 9 flats. The images were stacked and stretched with Siril and then I played with the curves on Gimp, cropped and scaled. Not too unhappy.

• By Lead_weight
      My M31. Shot over 3 nights. Only 11 total hours. LRGB only with Astrodon filters, ZWO ASI1600MM-C camera, and the WO Redcat.

• By ICR_2019
      Hi all
      I am one happy newbie.
      A short break in the cloud last night and I got my first hit on Andromeda.
      At first it was a small grey patch but with persistence and averted vision I got glimpses of  a bright central core with grey "cloud" extending out from each side.
      So my question from my LP back garden what might I be able to do to improve or at least get a more consistent visual.
      I have a skywatcher 130p the best views came with the supplied 20mm. 
      Would flocking and a dew shield help with contrast? A 25 or 32mm eyepiece clean up the image? Or maybe a colour filter to make it pop a little?
      I understand the limitations of both the scope  and viewing site both have a major effect but there must be steps I can take to get the best from what I have.
      Thanks in advance Ian 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.