Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Synguider!

Milliways

I treated myself to a skywatcher synguider (at last!) and attempted to convert my spare finderscope into a finder-guider.... well this of course went wrong and ruined the finder and the 2" ataptor lol.... hey ho, never mind. I gave Charles at MC2 a ring and he gave me a great deal on a 70mm skywatcher F9 ota to be used as a guide scope and a set of rings to mount it to my 250px, soo if the clouds would kindly clear tonight i will give it a test run :)

Well the gods where on my side tonight and the skies cleared up nicely for me! I finally figured out why i could hardly see any stars on the little LCD screen, the noise setting was set WAY too high!

I locked onto the stars in M42 and started guiding. I first took a 3min sub and perfect, then i took a 5 min sub and was absolutely pin sharp! I am chuffed to bits with the synguider and the guidescope that i got from MC2. Cant wait to point it at some nice galaxies and do some longer exposures.

Any chance of a look at the subs. i am interested to see if its as good as you say. Have you got a link for your new guidescope?

Yeah i will post them in a bit. The guidescope was a spare skywatcher 70mm refractor that Charles had, its 700mm long, F9. The optics are spot on and so good that i could image with it too!

super chuffed. Subs coming soon

Archived