Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Jessun

Hello Bubble my old friend,

I've come to image you again...

The Bubble is still in a good position in the sky for me - I can only image west, so I thought I'd do an experiment and go for as much data as I can.

This is what I've come up with imaging over 5 nights, selecting the best 100+ subs, totalling over 8 hours. I know you'll think it's mad, but the return I have through the everlasting smog is a fraction of what anyone countryside would enjoy...

I tried Astro Arts digital development filter for the first time, and the gradient plus vignetting filter. The gradient plug in for PS takes a few seconds, the AA one a few minutes - so I thought that maybe it's quite good then. My initial thoughts are that these are very useful tools indeed.

The stars had a dose of Noels Actions, and the brightest had a stretch of their own - a first for me.

gallery_16323_1516_2323940.png

• Like 2

Looks like a little glass Christmas tree bauble very nice, is that with the orion of the skywatcher 120? Jesper

Good result, Jesper, and an effective workflow by the look of things. Plenty of nice little details inside the Bubble, too.

Olly

Thanks guys! It's a lot going on - noise mainly, but practice and more practice...

Danielle, this is with the Orion - so the diff spikes are 'real'. (If I had the HEQ5 still, this would have been much easier btw :-)

I'm trying to get to know AA better lately Olly. There's lots in there, but I admit its pure experimenting so far.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By alexbb
      The bubble nebula. Not much to add about the target itself as it is already popular enough.
      A combination of HOO shot with the ASI1600MMC + Astronomik narrowband filters through the 200mm newtonian tube removed from the dobson base and put on the EQ6-R.
      About 6h of exposure through the Oxygen filter and about 9h through the Hydrogen filter.
      Clicking on the pictures will redirect to the astrobin images where you can watch them in full resolution.
      Crop close-up

And widefield

Thanks for watching and clear skies to you too!
      Alex
    • By bottletopburly
      Finally making progress with guiding and dithering and the autofocuser , sw200pds ,  modded canon 1000D , Eq6 belt mod -7x300sec 25 flats -25x Bias as darks 

• By lux eterna
      Hi all,
      Last November I imaged the Bubble on a few occations with my Meade LX200-ACF and Nikon D7000 on SW HEQ5 Pro, guided with a standalone Nexguider. I managed some 10 hours under pretty good skies, plus 2 hours with H-alpha filter from my small town backyard. So almost 12 hours together (after rejecting every sub with just the slightest defect like non-circular or diffuse small stars).
      Registering (aligning) was done in Registar, and stacking & processing in PS. I also used the Straton software that removes (most of) the stars, after initial stretching, then I put them back using the "lighten" blending mode.
      C & C most welcome
      Ragnar

• By Sp@ce_d
      Well, I can't remember the last time I actually posted an image. Not this year & I don't remember anything of last year either! Whilst I've been collecting data over that period, I realise I get more of a kick out of the whole techy side of putting the bits together, automating it all & capturing the data. When it comes to processing I never seem to have the time & patience & just end up frustrating myself overcooking things when I do.
      I thought it about time to have another go & soon realised anything I actually had once known was long forgotten. So, I've been reading through Warren Keller's Inside PixInsight & thought I'd practice on some 12.5 hrs of data on NGC7635 collected over the 5th - 10th of this month. As I'm about to post this I can already see quite a few things need sorting out in the next version & I think I need to go back & start again but hey ho, I'll post it anyway otherwise it'll be next year before I know it! I've also got 14.5 hrs of SII & over 15 hrs of OIII plus a couple of hours or so each of RGB for the stars. I've thrown more away! So you can imagine, I've no idea when I'll get around to the full image! Tips & critique welcome as usual please...
      Scope: RC8 with AP 0.67 reducer
      Camera: Atik 314L+
      Filter: Astrodon 5nm Ha
      Subs: 50 x 900
      Processed in PixInsight

• By Vicky050373
      The result of one of my imaging sessions from Kelling Heath Autumn Equinox star party NGC 7635 The Bubble Nebula in Cassiopeia Imaged using Atik 314L monochrome CCD camera and William Optics FLT-110 refractor on NEQ6 Pro SynScan mount 10 x 300 second subs in H-alpha

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.