sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Jupiter GRS Oct 20th Winjupos de-rotate.

My first imaging session for nearly a month. Sadly seeing was rubbish with lots of wobbly mushyness. Started at 6.11am so Jupiter was falling below the ideal alt but the GRS was what I was after.

Shot at f26 with 30fps (did a couple @60fps but they were too noisy).

Decided to stack 4 avis, 3 using 1000 frames and 1 with 2000 then de-rotated the resulting stacks in winjupos. This is where winjupos really makes a difference and considering the horrid conditions I've at least got an image worth posting.

This image is from 11 mins of avi capture, 6.11am to 6.22am :

1.5x drizzle AS!2 then downsized 75% :

gallery_4016_230_88919.png

Edited by Space Cowboy

Still looks good cowboy. I was out all night untill 5:30 am and didn't a single decent shot due to horrible seeing. Did get some nice viewing of the meteor shower though.

Thanks again guys! Atlas I'm sure with a better camera you would get more details. Making sure the scope is well cooled makes quite a difference too, even dew shields can cause thermal currents then there is collimation. Sure seeing is 90% of the deal but it is possible to get that extra 10%.

Thanks again guys! Atlas I'm sure with a better camera you would get more details. Making sure the scope is well cooled makes quite a difference too, even dew shields can cause thermal currents then there is collimation. Sure seeing is 90% of the deal but it is possible to get that extra 10%.

Dew sheilds sure can, dont forget the heat trying to escape, now has a tube length much longer to escape from. Thats Without the sheild holding heat of its own ( another issue) I have had to use a sheild everytime recently, as the dew has been so bad. Hoping for a night of good seeing when dew is not heavy. so i can lose the sheild. A tip guys Put your dew sheild in the freezer for ten mins. It will draw a lot of the heat out quite fast. then just let the sheild sit in the open air for twenty mins to adjust to air temp. before using. thats what ive been doing