Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn 1am 17.12.05

orion f6.3

Did any one see Saturn around 1am last night :?:  seeing must have been 8/10. i had just re-aligned my secondary and collimated (spot on for a change :!:clouds2: Cassini wasnt just visable it was dark black looking as if you could see through it, the upper equatoial rings (eyepiece view) SEB & STB were clearly visabel. I think i could see a shadow of the rings on the planet but cant be sure :!:. six moons were clear and bright and some of their motions very east to track. orion f6.3 :clouds2: ps, how do i add a pic :oops:

Go to forum news and read the thread "HOW TO POST PICTURES..." And hurry it up, I want to see that. If we ever get seeing like that in my back yard, it will be the night after I die. :clouds2: Sounds like you had a terrific view. What scope? Oh, right, an Orion F6.3, got it.

Archived