Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Coma corrector

olander08

No one seems to stock the Baader MPCC, so I'm looking for any viable alternatives. I've read some about the Skywatcher CC, but I've also seem some threads demonstrating some issues with reflections of bright stars etc. So, is the Skywatcher CC a viable alternative? I've got the black diamond coated Explorer 200p, am I going to have problems focusing a DSLR with the Skywatcher CC? Are there any other coma correctors I should consider?

Many thanks.

I use a Skywatcher CC with my 200P & a Canon 1100D with no issues.

You get all the adaptors included in the box to allow you to achieve focus for visual & imaging.

You just need to purchase the DSLR M48 ring adapter

Wayne

Hi,

I too am looking to purchase a MPCC. I suspect that Baader are replacing the MPCC with a new item. I do not know what the differences will be. I have a vague recollection of reading somewhere that the replacement is due end of Oct 2012, can't remember where though.

PS. Dipper - i was not able to view the image imbedded in your post - what was Baader's response?

Ian

Hi,

I too am looking to purchase a MPCC. I suspect that Baader are replacing the MPCC with a new item. I do not know what the differences will be. I have a vague recollection of reading somewhere that the replacement is due end of Oct 2012, can't remember where though.

PS. Dipper - i was not able to view the image imbedded in your post - what was Baader's response?

Ian

Yes the response was that the new MPCC will be unavailable until the end of this month (October). Official web site now says: "This product is temporarily not available for ordering. The vailability date will be at the end of february 2013." :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived