Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Light for the RC10

E_ri_k

Hey guys. Been a while since I have posted here. Had the GSO RC10 sitting in the Obs for over a month now due to bad weather, and guiding issues just to name a couple! My new guiding hardware arrived the other day, AND it was clear, hard to believe.....

Here is just over 1 hour of NGC 253.

I think the collimation is still off a touch, and focus is not perfect, but I'm pretty happy with it for only 5 x 15 minute subs. Its a bit noisy and soft, but I think there is good potential in the future:D

Erik

post-14838-0-18043400-1350286097_thumb.j

post-14838-0-48571500-1350286121_thumb.j

Beautiful shot of the Silver Coin. I have only spotted it once from France with my 15x70 bins, and it is a wonderful object. Down-under must be a better place to observe this.

Thanks, yes, it stands out down here through the scope. Right at Zenith for me last night!

great detail the 8" version is what im after for the obsy, was that with the 350d?

Sorry should have mentioned it was with the QHY10. Not really using the 350D any more since i got the CCD.

Thanks for the good feedback guys. It's a nice scope, can't wait to get some more time with it.

Erik

Archived