Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

PSU's and Skymax 127 Tracking Issues

Hi everyone :)

After searching some old topics, I found a link to a recommended Maplins PSU; http://www.maplin.co...mpressor-353895

I'm keen to buy a psu very soon and the Branded Power tanks are shockingly overpriced as I'm sure you all know very well, but I just wondered if I would need to do anything to this to make it work with my scope, would I need to alter any wiring or does it already have a cable attached to it that would plug straight in?

I've also been having some trouble trying to get my Skywatcher Skymax 127 Supatrak to actually track objects...could this be due to the fact I'm running off batteries and it need more power to be able to track?

Thank you :)

Wotcha lisa_j ,

I have a 127 goto and I use that very same maplins widget to power it with no probs at all , I did notice it eat batteries real quick tho but it is a heavier mount etc than my plain old auto trak .

You can get a plug in cable with fag lighter adapter one end and the correct connection at the other off many sites , for example flo or rvo or flea bay just google em.

I don't run anything else off the maplins thing so it's fine for me but if you intend to use dew strips or the laptop then you may need to look up an alternative , just search in sgl and you will find an answer :)

Wotcha lisa_j ,

I have a 127 goto and I use that very same maplins widget to power it with no probs at all , I did notice it eat batteries real quick tho but it is a heavier mount etc than my plain old auto trak .

You can get a plug in cable with fag lighter adapter one end and the correct connection at the other off many sites , for example flo or rvo or flea bay just google em.

I don't run anything else off the maplins thing so it's fine for me but if you intend to use dew strips or the laptop then you may need to look up an alternative , just search in sgl and you will find an answer :)

Hi there :) Thank you. I'm completely clueless when it comes to stuff like this, are the cables a standard size? would I need a certain one to fit my scope?

Archived