HitecAstro four channel four port dew controller - new vs old?

I see on FLO they have a new version available, it states that it has two independent 2.1mm regulated power output ports, anyone know what these might be used for?

If I run an 8" dew tape, and two or three 1.25" eyepiece / 50mm finder scope tapes, does anyone know the total amps draw? The controller should be able to cope, but just wondering what this would do to my battery life, especially if I also used the two power ports (maybe they can run the NEQ6 or CG-4 mount? Need to know the total amps draw before I use up my battery in 30 mins flat!)

My original Astrozap dual channel controller has developed a fault after two years so I am just looking at possible replacements if repair is too costly.

yes, one of the outlets could be used to say power your mount, Celestron, Skywatcher and so on, or anything that has a 2.1 jack plug fitted.

the total amps depends on the length of the dew bands, some draw slightly more amps than others, if you know the make of your dew bands you might be able to get the information from their website.

mounts are around 2 amps i belive when slewing and about 1/2 when tracking.

Archived