SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter 14-01-12 R-RGB

MikeD

One from a few I took last night with my 10" newt 2x barlow, DMK21 and RGB filters.

RGB avis each 55 seconds @30fps , processed in avistack 2 (Auto batch stacking and wavelets, after I ran the first one through to set things up) and put to gether as an R-rgb image in maxim.

Mike.

post-730-0-65612800-1350231551_thumb.jpg

Thank you.

I ran this set through avistack2 again. This time with a little less on the wavelets, to try and keep a more natural feel to the image.

I also put this together myself in photoshop as a R-RGB image with the R for the luminance set to 50% opacity a nd resized to 150% in photoshop.

Less detail but more natural I hope.

Mike

post-730-0-32766100-1350236325_thumb.jpg

P.S I also paid more attention to what I think is Io this time.

Thanks again guys. :smiley:

That repro is a cracker! Would be very interesting to see what you could produce with more focal length i.e f25 ish.

Sorry I should have been clearer, the 2x Barlow was extended using an eyepiece projection adapter.

I have no idea what the focal length is but it must be getting somewhere around the f20 mark.

Mike.

Archived