Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Sun 26/09/2007

Jamie

Hi all

I had the chance to get out with the PST this morning and as usual i was so glad i did.

Firstly i put the 12mm eyepiece in not expecting too much straight away

but it must have been in perfect focus because the prominences just jumped out at me.

There were a few prominences bunched together @ 3 O'Clock on the disc and another good one at 9 O'Clock on the disc.

There was the beginning of a nice filament on the upper middle section of the disc too.

Even though the sun was bubbling due to atmospheric seeing conditions the detail was clear to see.(not as good as the 60mm but good enough for me)

I was saving the best bit till last.

As i was just observing and letting my eyes adjust to what they were seeing, a satelite or something flew straight through my field of view.

I know this is not such an unusual thing but its not what you expect to see when you are solar observing.

So has anyone else been out having a look???

So has anyone else been out having a look???

I take a peek every couple days usually, but it's been completely featureless in white light. I've done some work on my coronagraph, but haven't had "first light" yet.

Need to rig up the HA to one of the small refractors and have a look. The weather's been fantastic, so I should get off my hind-end. :lol:

A satellite crossing the Sun is pretty cool! Every once in a while you'll catch something like that. Nice one!

I,ve had Aeroplanes cross my view a few times now,and its still a surprise.Its great to hear your report and HA viewing just gets better and better as your eye,s/brain become accustomed to that wavelength of light,Coronado reckon it takes about 3 months.

Brian

Archived