Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

stellarium

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well apart from the earth which will be wiped out by a meteor in 2029 but for the rest pretty accurate :grin:

The World ending asteroid needs to arrive soon while we've still got Bruce Willis and Clint Eastwood to save us, none of these young woosie actors can cut it :)

Dave

Hi all!

We all know that stellarium is an absolutely fantastic tool to use and having messed about with it, like looking at what the sky would have looked like at the time i was born i went further back in time.In fact i went back as far as it goes to 99,999 B.C then as far forward as it goes to 99,999 A.D!! :eek:

I found that very strange but cool, looking back and forward all those years, but what i really want to know is, how accurate is it going so far into the past and the future?

Thanks!! :smiley:

Given our understanding of time and how fast object move,rotate,the seasons etc......................i would think any computer program that allows you to roll back the clock or roll it forward is going to be pretty spot on.

If anybody hasn't done it yet, then roll the clock back or forwards 99,999 years and look at the sky as you would from your own back yard (For me its south east).

Its a strange feeling that long,long after we've left the earth the skies will still be there rotating in their usual way!

I find that really fascinating!

(Or maybe i'm just wierd!! :grin: )

Forward it 4-5 billion years and watch our Sun go Boom.

Thats scarier then attending a Justin Beiber concert.

So i am told.

My lord!! :eek:

I'd rather be sat on the sun when it finally goes boom than go to a Justin Bieber concert!! :grin:

Archived