Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How to make someone feel small.

Brighton Belle

Hi Brighton Belle.... He's an insensitive idiot!. I wouldn't have bought a thing off him... I agree with Bunnygod1. .....I buy a lot of my stuff off the net.. Here's a couple

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/

http://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/index.php

http://www.pulsar-optical.co.uk/index.html

Hope these help... :smiley:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All

I spoke to the shop owner in question last night on this subject.

After a strong talking to he admitted he was wrong to be so undiplomatic towards the customer in question.

He has asked me to apologise Unreservedly on his behalf to Brighton Belle.

I think this thread has given the Proprietor some humility when it comes to smaller equipment and beginers in general.

Clear skies

Ed Sampson

Hi Mr Ed,

thank you so much for doing this, it is incredibly kind of you. I accept his apology but wont be going back. As I have learned from other SGL members, there are plenty of other places to spend my money!

If my daughter bought me my first telescope after researching the internet and saving her own money to buy it for me that telescope would be the one i would never sell and be my "forever keeper" and mean more to me , regardless of whatever somebody says about it, than any scope i would get in the future.

I would suggest you dont go there again. That sort of thing is not helpful to anyone. And if he knew anything at all he would not have said as everyone starts somewhere

and i would have been pleased if someone gave me such a present.

Vote with your feet mate

velvet

If my daughter bought me my first telescope after researching the internet and saving her own money to buy it for me that telescope would be the one i would never sell and be my "forever keeper" and mean more to me , regardless of whatever somebody says about it, than any scope i would get in the future.
. +1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first telescope was a Tasco refractor way back when I was young. They didn`t have the reputation for being the best telescope in the world, but nevertheless I pushed that scope to the limits and it pushed me to explore the Moon and planets and many deep sky objects. That paved the way for a life long interest and 35 years later here I am still pushing my equipment to the limits. I wished I still had the old scope, somewhere along the way I sold it but the memories of my first explorations with it will always remain with me.

Archived