Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Lisa_J

Hello from North Wales...

welcome lisa, im off to Anglesea for a holiday in a couple of weeks, unfortunatly my scope is too big to fit in the car with all our holiday stuff so i will be taking my binoculars instead. Is the Milky way viewable on a clear night up there?

• Like 1

Hi Richard, enjoy Anglesey. Yes I can see the Milky Way here, isn't it visible to the whole of the UK?

I can see the Milky Way here, isn't it visible to the whole of the UK?

No :(

(especially when It's cloudy)

• Like 1

no i cant see it here in berkshire, the light pollution is pretty bad here, I cant wait to come to wales, just hope its not cloudy. I have never seen the milky way before. As sad as that sounds. Just wish i could bring my scope, Binos will have to do :)

• Like 1

no i cant see it here in berkshire, the light pollution is pretty bad here, I cant wait to come to wales, just hope its not cloudy. I have never seen the milky way before. As sad as that sounds. Just wish i could bring my scope, Binos will have to do :)

Really hope you (we) get the weather next week. A shame you can't bring your scope but i'm sure the binoculars will be way better than nothing :)

Hi lisa, im from prestatyn so not to far from you

Ohh yes you're really close, can see you across the bay :)

Do you go to a local Astronomy group around here?

Hello Lisa and welcome aboard.

When it isn't cloudy I cannot see the Milky Way in Staffordshire (my bit of it anyhow) due to light pollution. You are indeed, fortunate. Don't be shy about posting here. It's easy as you have no idea who you're actually talking to and aside from anything else, everyone is very knowledgeable and very friendly :grin:

Have you told us what 'scope you have (or have I missed it??)

Clear skies !?

Scott.

• Like 1

Thanks Scott.

I have the Skywatcher Skymax 127 Supatrak.....although the tracking is a bit of a mystery as it doesn't appear to work, i'm reaching the conclusion it's because I'm using batteries instead of a psu...I might have to make a post about it, see if anyone can shed any light on that issue.

I think it's great as a first scope, it does everything I need it to (except for the tracking part) so I've been pretty pleased with it on the whole. Got my eye on upgrading the mount to the synscan AZ goto to help me find things more easily but also don't want to solely rely on that and get lazy.

It's looking good out there right now, dry and clear, going to set up in a bit, fingers crossed :)

• Like 1

Hi Lisa, a warm welcome to SGL from me, great part of the country N. wales

• Like 1

Thanks Scott.

I have the Skywatcher Skymax 127 Supatrak.....although the tracking is a bit of a mystery as it doesn't appear to work, i'm reaching the conclusion it's because I'm using batteries instead of a psu...I might have to make a post about it, see if anyone can shed any light on that issue.

I think it's great as a first scope, it does everything I need it to (except for the tracking part) so I've been pretty pleased with it on the whole. Got my eye on upgrading the mount to the synscan AZ goto to help me find things more easily but also don't want to solely rely on that and get lazy.

It's looking good out there right now, dry and clear, going to set up in a bit, fingers crossed :)

Me too. Good luck back :)

Clear skies all !!!

Scott.

• Like 1