Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

Lisa_J

Hello from North Wales...

Hello everyone, my name is Lisa and I am from North Wales.

I've been a lurking member here for around eleven months which was just before I got my first telescope. The Welsh weather hasn't been too kind to me since so I am still finding my feet in Astronomy.

I now feel brave enough to introduce myself, I know you are all very friendly and welcoming and look forward to interacting with you all from now on.

Lisa.

• Like 2

Welcome to SGL, Lisa. I don't think the weather has been that kind of any of us in the UK over the last year :)

James

• Like 1

Hello Lisa and welcome. I see your from North Wales. We have an active group here caslled South Wales Group. You will find us in the communities section

Pop in and say hello

Pat

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums Lisa. I used to live in Llanbedr so not too far from Rhos.

• Like 1

Hello Lisa and welcome to SGL, did I see you mention weather, we had a deluge last night :)

John.

• Like 1

Welcome on board. I work on Anglesey but currently at Trawsfynydd til the new year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Blame Apple for the typos and me for the content

• Like 1

Welcome Lisa - you live in a lovely part of the world...I was only looking at property out that way the other day... :)

As for the weather - you are not the only one. It has been a pants year for astronomy! (Still miffed about the cloudy Venus Transit :D)

• Like 1

Thank you all for the warm welcome :)

I actually spy some blue sky, (falls over in shock) fingers crossed it stays that way although I'm not holding my breath!!

Welcome to SGL Lisa!

As Pat said, feel free to visit the South Wales group. They helped me a lot when I was starting out (and are still helping now).

We even have regular meets in Blaenavon. I'm sure no one will mind if you come along.

• Like 1

Welcome to SGL Lisa!

As Pat said, feel free to visit the South Wales group. They helped me a lot when I was starting out (and are still helping now).

We even have regular meets in Blaenavon. I'm sure no one will mind if you come along.

Ive never been South Wales i must visit there and bring my scope.
  • Like 1

Hi!

Welcome to SGL - I too live in North Wales and feel your pain, but I think everyone does at the moment. The government should really do something about all this cloud....

• Like 1

Hi Lisa and welcome to the forum. I think an essential bit of kit that all of astronomers have been using lately has been an umbrella! - lets hope the winter season clears up and then all will be forgiven. Sounds like you did a fair bit of research on here before buying your scope which is a useful strategy that will certainly be of benefit to you in the longer term. Hopefully you can hook up with a local observing group which will provide another useful resource to help improve your observing skills and knowledge of night sky. Also provides a good opportunity to look through others people's kit including eyepieces as you do realise you are likely to suffer from aperture fever from now on and I can also advise you that there is no cure! :grin: :grin:

Clear skies for now and hope you continue to enjoy the forum.

James

• Like 1

Thanks everyone.

James, I've actually had my scope since last November so have a small eyepiece collection and a 2xBarlow. I'd love to join the local observing group, but it took me 11months to post on an online forum, lol so that might take me a little longer :)