Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_terminator_challenge_winners.thumb.jpg.6becf44442bc7105be59da91b2bee295.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Astroman

Astroman's "new" website is up...

...well, mostly. Please let me know if, (when?) you run into any bad links. It's been a big production, but I decided to put it up, for better or worse, as it were.

Be gentle.

P.S. I'd recommend you take a look at the ATM cover page. There's a CAD drawing of the binocular chair fix I intend to build.

Where is the link to your site AM? Gotta have it to go there.

Ron. :lol:

That was certainly interesting. The site for the obs look wonderful.

Seen a few piccies of bino chairs like that one too.

Real envy of your site and chair plans -

Anthony

I like the layout, easy to navigate, and it always nice to have a bit of the personal history included.

The only negative comment is that most all of the pictures are very grainy.

Dave

Steve, you have too much on your plate there. I think I will have to take a holiday in Arizona and come give you a hand mate. Like for 3 months?. Nice to keep occupied, but I think you have a lifetimes work there :lol:.

Ron.

Thanks guys.

Dave, most of the pics are scans of photographs, as I don't have a digital camera. The site's been up for years and this is just an update. My video camera now has a digital camera feature, but very low resolution. Hopefully, I can upgrade the camera sometime. But thanks for the nice comments.

Ron, you're welcome to pitch in any time, but it'd be better if you could commit more than just a couple months. I figure, I was put on Earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now, I am so far behind I will never die! :shock: :lol:

MB, Tesla coils are only as dangerous as their owners. Uh, maybe I should rephrase that.... They are indeed exciting and a lot of fun but yes, they can be hazardous if you lose respect. It's for that reason that I include a caution on the opening page.

There are a number of gaffs, but I'll be sorting them as I can and become aware of them.

Thanks again!

Dave, most of the pics are scans of photographs, as I don't have a digital camera. The site's been up for years and this is just an update. My video camera now has a digital camera feature, but very low resolution. Hopefully, I can upgrade the camera sometime. But thanks for the nice comments.

Ah!, that explains it nicely :lol:

Hadn't visited the site before, so wasn't aware that the pics were already resident, and were from photo scans.

That aside, the site is nice to visit.

Dave

Cool site Steve.. 8)

Let me know how you get on with your binochair....

Nice one Steve, got it on my bookmarks, easy to navigate and read. Look forward to seeing the site grow, a wealth of info and knowledge.

Well done

Naz

Very nice site Steve..

Particularly liked your notes on the Tesla Coils.. 8)

Greg

Like it AM...

I really loved the Grand Canyon star party pics. How far away from the canyon do you live?

I have promised my wife a helicopter ride over the GC one day, if we go anytime soon I'll get the pilot to land in your yard!

JV

JV, we live ~215 miles from the canyon as the raven flies. If the chopper lands in the yard, give me a call so I can batten down the dome, ok? :lol: