Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron Luminos Ultra-Wide Eyepieces

FLO

I have the Axiom 31mm and yes its a monster , but there is no differance between it and a friends 31mm Nagler in both my Tak Mewlin 210 and his 14 Meade Cat , both awsome wide field eyepieces , oh yes you gotta see the southern milkyway in my Takahashi FS60C and Axiom 31mm , make your jaw drop !!! . ( Its full of stars !! )

Hope the Luminas are as good as I heard they are made in a totally differant country by a totally differant company ?

Brian.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope the Luminas are as good as I heard they are made in a totally differant country by a totally differant company ?

They are made in the same country by a different manufacturer. Celestron use a number of manufacturers in China. Our understanding is the decision to change manufacturer was based on logistics, the manufacturer makes other Celestron products so it made logistical sense to give them the Luminos range too. It also enables Celestron's UK importer to source direct from the China rather than through the US channel, so reducing the cost. This has been passed on to the customer. That is why the Luminos are more affordable than the Axiom, they are not manufactured to a lower tolerance or specification. I also suspect there is some marketing at play too. Whatever the reason, having eyepieces this good at these prices is reason to celebrate :smiley:

HTH,

Steve

As an aside - i often wondered why FLO don't stock the meade and es uwa which are hugely popular?

We have nothing against Meade eyepieces (I own three) but the distribution setup here in the UK prevented us accessing them (on arrival) so we focused our attention elsewhere :smiley:

That has apparently changed so we will add them to our website this year.

Unfortunately ES eyepieces are only available through the UK distributor's own retail website (Telescope House) so I doubt we will be offering those.

HTH,

Steve

Glad to here that - i was waiting for a meade 8.8 from telescope house for several months - gave up in the end!

Telescope House is the retail arm of BC&F (Meade's UK importer/distributor) so unfortunately if they are unable to source it then neither will other UK retailers.

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone, this is my first post here after lurking for a couple of weeks. I've been trying out a few EPs at my local club over the past few weeks, but no one that I know of there has any of these. At present my only EP is the 25mm that came with my Celestron 8SE. Given that the last post on this thread was roughly 18 months ago, I was wondering what the current consensus is?

Archived