SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Celestron Luminos Ultra-Wide Eyepieces

FLO

Remember the Celestron Axiom-LX? They were premium quality eyepieces with an ultra-wide 82-degree FOV. Everyone liked them and they scored highly in reviews. But they were expensive! Well they are back. They have been relaunched as Celestron Luminos, and they are more affordable :glasses2:

The Celestron Luminos are hefty eyepieces with a high quality fit and finish. The 7, 10 & 15mm have 1.25" nosepieces and the 19, 23 and 31mm have 2".

The 31mm is HUGE!

For specifications and up-to-date prices please see our website.

celestron_luminos_23mm_detail.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Skywatcher Panoramas are 82 UWA FLO - check your stock :smiley: They could be even from the same factory!

^^ yeah, i meant what andrew said (these). though, without having used either, i bet in a blind test no-one would be able to tell between them. i suspect it would come down to comfort and things like that

Ah yes, I should have spotted that. You are right, of course. The Skywatcher Sky Panoramas do appear to be related :smiley:

Steve

HI

I have a full set of Axioms now - some were bought from the sale that FLO had a couple of years back and some I bought relatively cheaply while on work trips to the US. I like them, ok they are not black and green but a very good eyepiece non the less. I think this re-branding / price reduction is a good thing, lets hope they prove popular.

They work really well in my CPC925. The 31 mm is a monster!

Thanks

Stuart

Ah yes, I should have spotted that. You are right, of course. The Skywatcher Sky Panoramas do appear to be related :smiley:

I have been making some enquiries.

The Skywatcher Sky Panoramas have the same AFOV and the available focal lengths match 3 of the Celestron Luminos series. However, the Sky Panorama suggests their series is 7-elements throughout. The Celestron Luminos contain 7-elements for the 7mm and 15mm, but 6-elements for the 23mm. Plus the Luminos series also include 10mm, 19mm and 31mm for a better selection – and are all parfocal to one another. The Sky Panorama line does not specify whether they are parfocal. Celestron see their Luminos series as seperate and distinct from the Skywatcher Sky Panoramas.

HTH :smiley:

I have a couple of Axiom Lx's and am very pleased with them. Although I don't do as much visual astronomy as imaging these days I was looking to possibly make an EP set of them. Apart from the cost what is the main difference between the Luminos and Axiom ranges?

I have a couple of Axiom Lx's and am very pleased with them. Although I don't do as much visual astronomy as imaging these days I was looking to possibly make an EP set of them. Apart from the cost what is the main difference between the Luminos and Axiom ranges?

They seem to be the same eyepiece, just rebranded as far as people can tell. The original Axioms are good but were too expensive, so it seems Celestron rebranded them and dropped the price. Good eyepieces and now good value in my view.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They seem to be the same eyepiece, just rebranded as far as people can tell. The original Axioms are good but were too expensive, so it seems Celestron rebranded them and dropped the price. Good eyepieces and now good value in my view.

That's how we see it too. The only thing wrong with the Celestron Axioms was the price (I recallI the 31mm was around £500!) so they were taken off the market then relaunched at a more sensible price as Celestron Luminos :smiley:

Steve

That's how we see it too. The only thing wrong with the Celestron Axioms was the price (I recallI the 31mm was around £500!) so they were taken off the market then relaunched at a more sensible price as Celestron Luminos :smiley:

Steve

I have a 31 mm and its massive!! I think it weighs over 1000g! I managed to buy it for $300 (£220 ish at the time) during a work trip to L.A. so not the £500 over here.

The 19 mm is my favourite, just seems to work well in all my scopes. Great eyepieces.

I have a 31 mm and its massive!! I think it weighs over 1000g! I managed to buy it for $300 (£220 ish at the time) during a work trip to L.A. so not the £500 over here.

That is interesting because here at FLO we only stocked Axioms after they had been discontinued so were available at clearance prices. The 31mm then sold at £270, which is probably what yours would have cost, assuming you paid VAT and import Duty... :smiley:

The 19 mm is my favourite, just seems to work well in all my scopes. Great eyepieces.

Here they are as Axioms.

Celestron_Axiom_Eyepiece.jpg

That is interesting because here at FLO we only stocked Axioms after they had been discontinued so were available at clearance prices. The 31mm then sold at £270, which is probably what yours would have cost, assuming you paid VAT and import Duty... :smiley:

Here they are as Axioms.

Celestron_Axiom_Eyepiece.jpg

Yes of course I paid VAT and duty, I always do when I go to the US on trips!

I purchased 3 Axioms from FLO during the clearance sale, picked up the rest from the US during trips!

Archived