Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M33 Triangulum

laser_jock99

Another go at this large but faint target M33. A stack of two 600s subs @ ISO1000, no darks/flats. Camera - Fuji S5 Pro, scope Altair Starwave ED80. From dark sky site in Mid Wales. Dont think the autogiuding was the best as one of the subs had eliptical stars.

M33_dscf6388_stack_rotate_noels.jpg

An image like this when I started to learn a bit about astronomy had writen under it Hale Polama 200 inch Refector , and your not totally happy with it. Well I would like to see what you are happy with, this is excellent well done.

Alan.

It's amazing how astro imaging has advanced in the last 25-30 years. I think the CCD revolution is partly resposible for breathing new life into amatuer astronomy.

It's amazing how astro imaging has advanced in the last 25-30 years. I think the CCD revolution is partly resposible for breathing new life into amatuer astronomy.

I totally agree. It's the amateur cameras that have changed the most.

This is going well but be warned that M33 wil eat up 12 hours while getting dramatically better all the time. (The next 12 wil bring more subtle improvements! :grin:)

A suggestion; you can download a free 'green noise remover' called Hasta La Vista Green from Rogelio Bernal Andreo's Deep Sky Colors website. A lot of the noise in this is green and I think it would help. I always run the original PixInsight version on my RGB images because green is a problem colour in imaging.

Olly

Archived