Wow that's a bargain

jabberwocky

I have just noticed a 31mm on Astro B&S for 330 thats is giving it away too, I would be happy to pay that but I have 30mm UWA that I am more than happy with.

E bay is no good to me as I don't have an account and everyone wants PayPal, we don't have it here.

Alan.

I've seen a fair few ethos eyepieces for sale lately, on abs and ebay, like expensive cars they seem to lose a large chunk of their value when sold second hand........If only I had a spare £300. :sad:

I've seen a fair few ethos eyepieces for sale lately, on abs and ebay, like expensive cars they seem to lose a large chunk of their value when sold second hand........If only I had a spare £300. :sad:

They seem to loose about the same as most other astro equipment - around 30%-40% of their new cost. After that the Tele Vue stuff holds its value well for a long time. Thats why they are excellent used buys :smiley:

Any second hand EP should be at least 20% cheaper than a new one as second hand buyers do not pay VAT. On top of that, there should be an addtional reduction for the fact that the EP is second hand and with any S/H item, that should be at least 20% of it's new price before VAT.

It's the old nugget - There's no bonus points for being an early adopter and buying new.

Russell

Any second hand EP should be at least 20% cheaper than a new one as second hand buyers do not pay VAT.

VAT's got nothing to do with it. It's much simpler than that. Anyone selling an item will want to recoup as much of their costs as possible - including any sales tax / import fees that they paid.

VAT's got nothing to do with it. It's much simpler than that. Anyone selling an item will want to recoup as much of their costs as possible - including any sales tax / import fees that they paid.

Very true. I don't think there is a hard and fast rule or any rule of thumb percentages with second hand sales. There do seem to be some rough trends but people will try and get the most they can for their goods second hand. It is more likely governed by the amount of money the average customer is willing to pay for an item. If the price is too high no one will buy

Archived