SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

October ...

knobby

Hi Gary, yeah all is good, have to get through my final few weddings - obviously a lot on my plate at the moment. Photography wise I also spend a lot of time at Richmond Park at the moment due to the annual rut and my love of nature photography - however I am gearing up for a few good evenings viewing and imaging hopefully over the next couple of weeks. I might even look at getting out to Dengie next weekend if anyone else is interested?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had a look at a car park, just north of childerditch, remember fishing there (not in the car park) when I was younger and how dark it was .

It's just down the road from us lot, might not be brilliant but ok for short notice quickies :D

It's surrounded by trees though, so poor / no visibility below 25 degrees . That may make it seem darker though.

I'll try to check it tonight when it's dark post-21341-135037611897_thumb.jpg

Hi Gary, yeah all is good, have to get through my final few weddings - obviously a lot on my plate at the moment. Photography wise I also spend a lot of time at Richmond Park at the moment due to the annual rut and my love of nature photography - however I am gearing up for a few good evenings viewing and imaging hopefully over the next couple of weeks. I might even look at getting out to Dengie next weekend if anyone else is interested?

yup im there

hi mate long time, u all well ?

nice try gary, i went down hanningfeild tonight, took my scope this time, only stayed an hour or so (it being a school night n'all),

wasnt very comfortable as cars kept stop along the road..

but did manage to get a shot of Uranus tho

post-23525-0-68685700-1350425513_thumb.j

Hahah, that Childerditch Car Park is a notorious gay cruising site. Nothing against them mind, but not somewhere I would want to be looking out for Uranus. From what I remember though (that sounds suspect but bear with me) it is pretty dark `straight up` but the trees do block out the horizons, but also a certain amount of light pollution as well. It would be a great place for a quick session though.....

Oh dear, its turning into a Carry On film now.

Oh great, wouldn't that have been nice to know before I went there last night ... After dark , leaning against the side of my car, staring up at the stars with me bins !

Bet I looked well suss to the 2 ( which now makes sense) parked cars with blokes sitting on them >_>

Edit : must say, I'm a bit concerned that Mark knows so much about this place :D

Oh great, wouldn't that have been nice to know before I went there last night ... After dark , leaning against the side of my car, staring up at the stars with me bins !

Bet I looked well suss to the 2 ( which now makes sense) parked cars with blokes sitting on them >_>

Edit : must say, I'm a bit concerned that Mark knows so much about this place :D

They didn't come over and ask to see your scope did they :)

Any port in a storm old chap.. ;)

Going back to something Gary mentioned - Dengie has certainly spoilt me. I went out last night to try an capture M31, and whilst it was nice to be outside again - I found that 2 minute exposures were far too much for my setup even with an LP filter on. At dengie I was getting 3 min exposures and the bits in my subs that were supposed to be black were still black - I reckon I could of easily strecthed to 5 min subs and retained the dark bits. Kind of demoralising to be honest.

Not sure if you been there already, theres a spot in pitsea, its near the crematorium, its called church road, the main part but the other side, there a very old church down there and thats it, its way out the way of roads and houses. check it out. i am new to this hobby but i t did go there with my DSLR the get some moon shots a few years ago, i have fancy going there with me scope once i work out how to use my camera with me scope.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&newwindow=1&q=pitsea&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x47d8c441477aeca7:0x57184c1bf00c5fdf,Pitsea,+Essex&gl=uk&sa=X&ei=9D6AUJm4CpSyhAe92oHwCw&ved=0CIABELYD

Hi Tone - hmmmmm, not too sure - its far too close to that large housing estate to the east. I doubt it would be that dark - come out to Dengie or Ugley Green - now THATS dark! Nowhere else will quite cut the mustard after experiencing that!

No worrys

total newbie in this hobby so still learning, wheres this dengie ?

ive been in me garden a few times looking at jupiter, not really seen much else, dont help when security lights come on, be nice to find some dark areas.

i may take a walk up langdon hill see if theres any up there, but i doubt it

Mark do you use you DSLR with your scope ?

good luck in finding dark spots

Archived