SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My first astrophoto processed and stacked

Mr Bergman

Hello all, and greetings from Sweden!

I have been using a DSLR for about two years, and just happened to open up my eyes for astrophotography about a month ago when I was out camping with my girlfriend and experienced a very beautiful nightsky. I started to think about how to capture the stars, and so it went on. And now I am hooked after reading a lot and seeing your pics and equipment:-)

I have used my Canon Eos 7d, Vixen polarie startracker basic setup, a tripod and a kit lens ( 18-135mm)

This is my very first photo stacked and edited in photoshop. 3*2,5mins with darks.

North america nebula with milky way.

Feel free to comment about it!

Best regards

post-26311-0-87099100-1349701810_thumb.j

Thank you all! I am actually quite pleased! Although my eyes are tired of editing:-)

Vigdiz - the picture is taken just outside Sigtuna. Take your car and drive the old way towards Uppsala. And just find a nice spot somewhere!

That's really close since I live in Märsta, I should try that when my scope arrives! First I was thinking about the nature reserve just south of Uppsala, but Kungshamn-Morga might be just too town.

Just drop me a PM if want hook up for joint photography some time in the future, weather permitting.

Welcome to the slippery slope of astrophotography addiction! That's an excellent first image!

Yes, more subexposures is always good idea, it will reduce the noise further which may allow you to boost the saturation a bit more.

I can't see your stars up close, but some people use aperture masks for widefield, to reduce the diffraction effects caused by the aperture blades in the camera lens.

Welcome to the slippery slope of astrophotography addiction! That's an excellent first image!

Yes, more subexposures is always good idea, it will reduce the noise further which may allow you to boost the saturation a bit more.

I can't see your stars up close, but some people use aperture masks for widefield, to reduce the diffraction effects caused by the aperture blades in the camera lens.

Thank you! Didn´t use masks, but still got no diffraction what I can see. Although I got small blue rings around some stars, which I suspect is my own editing.

Archived