SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Pelican Season - WooHoo!

I finally managed a shot of the Pelican nebula in Cygnus framing the North America nebula next to it.

One of the reasons I was looking forward to this is that it's one of the main reasons I bought the Teleskop Service 65mm astrograph with it's wide field.

One of the captures had a slight failure in guiding so there was a spike on the star in that one but I used it anyway :grin:

Camera > QHY8

Exposures > 2x10min 3x20min = 1hr 20m

Calilbration frames > none (don't ask har har)

Nebulosity and PhD guiding

Looking forward to moving on to another wide field target now.

David

post-1878-0-07693800-1349628662_thumb.jp

The great image is David's not mine - I'm just a fiddler!

Excellent repro Steve - thanks - I tried to apply artificial flats but it looked awful - I'm going to try again now I can see it can be done :grin:

David

I really, really want to ask but I won't! This is a good start to this pair but you do need some flats :evil:
post-1029-0-13022400-1349630217_thumb.jp

Hi Steve 
Thanks again for showing the way above :-)
David

That's looking very good, David.

Real Flats are a major pain in the proverbial but they make such a difference to most images that it should be every imager's goal to nail them with a method that works for them - for me, this entails an old 'PowerTank' that has lost its mount-powering capability, an Electroluminescent Panel and nifty plugin for MaximDL called 'Sky Flats Assistant'.

That's looking very good, David.

Real Flats are a major pain in the proverbial but they make such a difference to m ost imagesthat it should be every imager's goal to nail them with a method that works for them - for me, this entails an old 'PowerTank' that has lost its mount-powering capability, an Electroluminescent Panel and nifty plugin for MaximDL called 'Sky Flats Assistant'.

Thanks Steve - high praise coming from you!

I intended to make a light box but the more I get to grips with artificial flats the more I lose the motivation - but I will probably persevere.

David

Archived