Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Clear Skies

mikey32shaw

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

have a great night /nights as its to be clear tommorow as well ,set up your scope and enjoy, even the frustrating bits, lol and if your out then have a wee peak at jupiter at 22.30, myself and a few of my mates are doing the same , as we are all at diffrent parts of the country , it brings us as a group of astronomers ,a bit closer,and realise that no matter where we are we are linked in our enjoyment of this great hobby , and maybe have a cheeky wee beer or glass of wine at the same time .good hunting

Beautifully clear here too, so I shall finally get to test drive my 24mm Panoptic. When I just checked the sky though even those near the zenith were twinkling which doesn't bode well for the seeing. Here's hoping it calms down later.

James

Have a great time, you'll love your new scope, any problems and you know where to come for help.

It's been a lovely sunny day here and late afternoon the clouds started to roll in, just put my head out of the back door - not a star to be seen.

Well i managed two and a half hours.

Things i must learn

1.Get the mount at the right height cos my neck is now killing.

2.Learn how to use averted vision better.

3 Star hopping to get the best out of my time.

4 How to turn the ridiculously bright street light off that's at the end of my garden.

Well i managed two and a half hours.

Things i must learn

1.Get the mount at the right height cos my neck is now killing.

2.Learn how to use averted vision better.

3 Star hopping to get the best out of my time.

4 How to turn the ridiculously bright street light off that's at the end of my garden.

Does the street light shine into your house? If it does you could tell the council lighting department that the street light is bothering you at night when trying to sleep, they should put a shield around it, this helps a bit.

First time out proper with the Skymax 127- nice clear views and seeing Jupiter and its 4 moons clearly defined makes it all worth while,,, ain't narf freezing though !!

Managed 2 hrs and it's time for bed,,

One thing,how do you cure the"bounce" when you focus on the 127 ??

Annoying :mad:

Hi Guys

I bought my first telescope 2 days ago, a Skywatcher 200P Dobsonian and have had lovely clear skies today and more importantly this evening. Spent about an hour and a half just roaming around the stars seeing what I could see, saw a shooting star which was lovely and then around about half 10 decided to train my sites on Jupiter. Got an amazing view, couldn't quite believe it, could make out 3 distinct reddish bands and saw 4 moons very clearly. I kept letting it drift across my field of view and then adjusting, it was seriously mind blowing. I then got a lovely surprise when the moon started to rise underneath so trained my telescope on that and I could not believe the detail I could see, lovely shadows and detail in the craters. I've just come in from outside and for my first session of stargazing I can say it was truly awesome - I'm glad I decided to take it up. Can't wait for the next session now! Just need to learn how to navigate the skies properly without using starwalk now.

Archived