Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC1805: Heart of the Heart Final (HST palette)

Uranium235

I dont know how that would work, the bottom layer is always at 100%.............EDIT.....rename the bottom layer to anything but background layer then you can adjust its opacity, it looks a bit odd until you flatten the image.

That was my main concern, as I too thought the background was always at 100%. I think I will just copy the channel file to a new canvas, rename the layer then dump the other layer on top, mix it, then copy/paste it back into the original.... well, thats how the theory goes (i think!)

Thanks Andy & Martin... Ive learnt something new there! I will post what comes of it later tonight.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmm.... Jnc77106's version came out fairly similar to his HOO version, although with a bit more "red" in it... It does seem as though to get it looking like a "J-P Metsavainio natural colour" image there might be some selective colour process / layers involved. I've sent him an email to ask him to confirm exactly how he mixes the Ha / SII and Ha / OIII (if he gets back I'll let you know), but I think there's probably a fair bit more to it than just mixing the filters to create the correct channels... If he gets back, I'll see if he'll give us a bit more of an insight into his "secret"...

Hmmmm.... Jnc77106's version came out fairly similar to his HOO version, although with a bit more "red" in it... It does seem as though to get it looking like a "J-P Metsavainio natural colour" image there might be some selective colour process / layers involved. I've sent him an email to ask him to confirm exactly how he mixes the Ha / SII and Ha / OIII (if he gets back I'll let you know), but I think there's probably a fair bit more to it than just mixing the filters to create the correct channels... If he gets back, I'll see if he'll give us a bit more of an insight into his "secret"...

Cheers Andy, let us know if you hear anything.

Archived