Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Uranium235

IC1805: Heart of the Heart Final (HST palette)

I dont know how that would work, the bottom layer is always at 100%.............EDIT.....rename the bottom layer to anything but background layer then you can adjust its opacity, it looks a bit odd until you flatten the image.

That was my main concern, as I too thought the background was always at 100%. I think I will just copy the channel file to a new canvas, rename the layer then dump the other layer on top, mix it, then copy/paste it back into the original.... well, thats how the theory goes (i think!)

Thanks Andy & Martin... Ive learnt something new there! I will post what comes of it later tonight.

Here's my take on it - 11 hours of Ha and some old Oiii and Sii from last year, cropped to match yours(ish).

Heart-hubbled_zpsc794838b.jpg

Well, I gave it a go. But I must have done something wrong because it came out almost exactly the same as the last version :icon_scratch:

I have a go at doing it "pre selective colour" and see if that changes anything.

Hmmmm.... Jnc77106's version came out fairly similar to his HOO version, although with a bit more "red" in it... It does seem as though to get it looking like a "J-P Metsavainio natural colour" image there might be some selective colour process / layers involved. I've sent him an email to ask him to confirm exactly how he mixes the Ha / SII and Ha / OIII (if he gets back I'll let you know), but I think there's probably a fair bit more to it than just mixing the filters to create the correct channels... If he gets back, I'll see if he'll give us a bit more of an insight into his "secret"...

Yes I think he tinkers with it a bit more than the simple description he posts on his blog.

Hmmmm.... Jnc77106's version came out fairly similar to his HOO version, although with a bit more "red" in it... It does seem as though to get it looking like a "J-P Metsavainio natural colour" image there might be some selective colour process / layers involved. I've sent him an email to ask him to confirm exactly how he mixes the Ha / SII and Ha / OIII (if he gets back I'll let you know), but I think there's probably a fair bit more to it than just mixing the filters to create the correct channels... If he gets back, I'll see if he'll give us a bit more of an insight into his "secret"...

Cheers Andy, let us know if you hear anything.