Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

QHY5, CG-5 GT mount, PHD

Using this very setup for guiding my DSLR.

I'm still very new at this AP lark, but the combo is a good "budget" solution to guiding.

The only problem I have had so far was getting PHD to recognise the QHY5. You have to follow specific driver loads.

Once that was done though, the guiding works well. Nice and easy for a beginner like myself.

8056377672_1fec89708a.jpg

PS the QYH5 needed a diagonal in place to get focus.

Just mounted mine on the ST80 with diagonal and all cables in, software installed and PHD does not show QYH5 so using ASCOM (Late) for the moment. Just turned on the Looping and it does not appear to be right so may have to look at another driver :(, anyone with a suggestion please? FIXED!!!!

Jim

Hi Yep, pic was taken before I realised that I needed a diagonal (or extension tube) to obtain focus.

I ppent an hour on the first night out with the setup trying to focus and calibrate PHD to hot pixels on the camera :-)

Popped in a diagonal, and low and behold real stars appeared.

I would like to know if Meade LX200 scope can be controlled by laptop. If so, how? any information would be much welcomed. My EQ scope was used by laptop and stellariumscope. That was superb. How can I get something similar with the LX200 please! :grin:

Archived