SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M31 Andromeda Galaxy - First LRGB with Mono Atik 383L+

steve2310

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Xplode: Many thanks! I really love my 383L+ and feel I have made the right choice (for the money) but it took me a while to get used to some of it's 'idiosyncrasies'. It took me a while to work out how to overcome 'noise' but once solved, it really is a great camera.

Also, thanks for pointing out Astrobin - looks good.

Brilliant first LRGB....and well done for resisting the urge to blast away at lots of targets rather than concentrating on doing one thoroughly.

It's a great capture, lovely detail and a nicely controlled core.

As Kevin mentioned, it has a slight magenta cast, but this is easy to remove, certainly in photoshop (IMAGE/ADJUSTMENTS/SELECTIVE COLOUR)

You can also tone down the blue rings around some of the stars by selecting them individually and just reducing the saturation of the blue.....it'll take a lot less than a week!!

Cheers

Rob

Great camera. Took some time to get used to working in mono especially as I had a problem with the camera and it had to go back to Atik. But since then I've had lots of fun with it. I use an SX-USB filter wheel with mine fitted with NB and LRGB filters.

Its all boxed up at the moment waiting for the obsy to be finished after moving house - hopefully ready for the darker skies...

Great camera. Took some time to get used to working in mono especially as I had a problem with the camera and it had to go back to Atik. But since then I've had lots of fun with it. I use an SX-USB filter wheel with mine fitted with NB and LRGB filters.

Its all boxed up at the moment waiting for the obsy to be finished after moving house - hopefully ready for the darker skies...

Well, you haven't missed many clear nights since you've been in Devon. Very few and far between :( Hopefully not just darker skies but clearer skies :D

Funnily enough I had a problem with my first 383 but the guys at Atik (and First Light) were simply superb at putting it right for me. The 383 is constantly surprising me and I just love the look and capability of it. I have the full Atik range of accessories, ATIK FW, and OAG that just fit 'hand in glove' and make life so much simpler! The main issue I had with mine was giving it enough power but I seem to have that resolved now.

Now I just need to save for my first Takahashi telescope :smiley:

Good luck with observatory.

A cracking image, and nicely processed, can be bit tough to process , you would not think so being

so big and realtively bright in the sky, great job on controling the core,

good stuff

Thanks Paul. Controlling the core was tough and to be honest this was about my seventh attempt at processing.

I may have another go again soon.

A fabulous M31 - one of the best I've seen - lovely detail and superbly processed

Thanks Martin

The flicker image Almost looks three dimensional, great image, well done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks Eddie. Not sure of the reason why but the Flickr image is clearer?? Not sure what I did differently??

Fantastic image great colours well done Steve

Thanks for looking and commenting Andy - appreciated.

Archived