Greetings from Pennsylvania, USA

Chihlidog

Hello all. Great little corner of theinternet you all have. I'm a very novice skywatcher, mostly due to my location. I live within the city limits of Pittsburgh and as such the light pollution often spoils most of what I attempt to see. I have a small, basic telescope, but it works for planets and such. My binocs are much more useful for spotting dim targets, and I actually managed twice now to get a visual on M31 (quite proud of that considering my skies here....I wanted to see it for years and never could).

I've only ever taken one image, and that was just holding my Sony point and shoot up to the EP and clicking and getting lucky. It was great viewing that night and here's what I got

saturn.jpg

I was just happy to get an image that was recognizeable. Anyway - one of these days when funding permits I'd love to get a bit better scope and some imaging equipment, but for now I take the opportunity when I see a good clear sky and find what I can, just to see what I can see. I've always been fascinated by the beauty of the heavens. I'd like to stick around here and enjoy all of your amazing images and conversation.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived