Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Earl

Takahashi FSQ 85 "Baby Q"

Its finally arrived !!!

Some serious Packaging which I was very pleased to see :)

post-6688-0-44179800-1349178385_thumb.jp

post-6688-0-65253600-1349178396_thumb.jp

post-6688-0-80647900-1349178402_thumb.jp

post-6688-0-57163400-1349178408_thumb.jp

post-6688-0-79995300-1349178413_thumb.jp

post-6688-0-89508900-1349178419_thumb.jp

post-6688-0-11851400-1349178458_thumb.jp

Edited by Earl
  • Like 2

Setting up on the desk.

I only went for the basic package as I have an finder already and already have mounting gear.

post-6688-0-20596000-1349178529_thumb.jp

post-6688-0-78771400-1349178535_thumb.jp

post-6688-0-42398600-1349178544_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Finally all in place and my rig is finished.... ?

post-6688-0-50332300-1349178621_thumb.jp

• Like 1

A box within a box within which there is another box inside which is the scope? Serious packaging! :eek:

Great scope, I'm sure you're very happy with it. I'd be too! :grin:

Edited by Dipper

Well now for the text as the picture are all there:

So well packed, double Wall boxes with foam padding, 3 boxes in total, more foam bits inside.

The rotator and adapters fit together so smoothly, none of the usual metal sounds just silk smooth.

The finish is spotless. the feel of the build is firm if that makes sense.

Cant wait for first light !!!

Hi Earl - you'll love the new Tak. Two weeks ago I received my dream scope the Tak FSQ106, and it looks identical to the FSQ85 only slightly bigger. As you mention the build quality of the Tak is outstanding and it's chunky for it's aperture size as well - and heavier than I expected. The rotator cuff is fantastcic, no more messing around with tiny grub screws and alum keys under a red light to get the proper framing. The focusser is also great - beautifully sharp, accurate and snaps into focus & holds once there. Keep us posted on how you get on & look forward to your first images.

Martin

Dont forget to update your sig :grin:

Congrats... am sure its going to be a wonderful scope... how could it not be :)

• Like 1

Get the reducer and POW!! f/3.9 :eek:

I have been considering it, however im sick of spacing issues so im going to stay Native for this year until I feel brave again LOL

Hi Earl - you'll love the new Tak. Two weeks ago I received my dream scope the Tak FSQ106, and it looks identical to the FSQ85 only slightly bigger. As you mention the build quality of the Tak is outstanding and it's chunky for it's aperture size as well - and heavier than I expected. The rotator cuff is fantastcic, no more messing around with tiny grub screws and alum keys under a red light to get the proper framing. The focusser is also great - beautifully sharp, accurate and snaps into focus & holds once there. Keep us posted on how you get on & look forward to your first images.

Martin

I got the same scope yesterday, thought to start with the box within a box etc etc was someone trying to wind me up. But yes very safe packaging and scope looks awesome. Cannot wait to try it but of course the weather here is not cooperating.

Velvet

I feel that the FSQ85 is the best small imaging scope of them all. It has one advantage over big brother and that's holding focus while cooling. Many 106 owners end up needing Robofocus. However, big brother gets even faster than Baby with the reducer!

Great little scope. It just does it. (How much of your setup can you say that about???) It's quite exciting that the Baby Q is taking off like this. I now know five people who've recently taken the considerable financial plunge and chosen this scope.

FIne choice, Earl.

Olly

Very nice, out of interest where did you order it from ?

I ordered this from Green Witch.

I feel that the FSQ85 is the best small imaging scope of them all. It has one advantage over big brother and that's holding focus while cooling. Many 106 owners end up needing Robofocus. However, big brother gets even faster than Baby with the reducer!

Great little scope. It just does it. (How much of your setup can you say that about???) It's quite exciting that the Baby Q is taking off like this. I now know five people who've recently taken the considerable financial plunge and chosen this scope.

FIne choice, Earl.

Olly

Having recently bought an FSQ85 I have to agree with Olly - great scope!

I did umm & r between the 85 & 106 but finally decided on the 85 as the FOV suited me better.

I was thinking of getting the reducer (same one as used by the FSQ106 I think?) but was wondering if I could use the filter-wheel with it. As usual, not much information on the specifics!

As said previousle Earl, a fine choice!

Pete

Pete it would be worth sending Olly Penrice a PM regarding spacing as im sure he has it sorted :)

Pete it would be worth sending Olly Penrice a PM regarding spacing as im sure he has it sorted :)

Hi Earl,

I bought mine from Green Witch as well, so I have asked Lee @ Green Witch the question. I will let you know the reply as I.m sure it will be of interest to you as well?

I'm sure Olly gets enough P.M's as it is :grin:

Regards,

Pete

Congrats with the FSQ, Great setup !, and awesome scope !

The boxes of the Takahashi telescopes are always nice to see, i think one of the best shipping methods you can get.

Have fun the next clear night you can get ;)

I have now been able to connect my FLI focuser for complete remote control now :)post-6688-0-32067200-1351179971_thumb.jp

Edited by Earl

How can you blance the scope with all the weight on the back end.

How can you blance the scope with all the weight on the back end.

It does sit quiet a way forward in the saddle.

Hi Earl,

I bought mine from Green Witch as well, so I have asked Lee @ Green Witch the question. I will let you know the reply as I.m sure it will be of interest to you as well?

I'm sure Olly gets enough P.M's as it is :grin:

Regards,

Pete

Not at all. I send a few as well! Please feel free.

Olly

Earl,

You really are making us mere mortals a little jealous lol...

I see on your sig it says CGE but you show your scopes on the EQ6, do you prefer the EQ6 over the CGE for handling these beauties?

Cheers

Stuart

I have just upgraded to the CGE, but im still waiting on a pier adapter to hook it all up.