Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ryder Cup aurora

After watching the Ryder Cup last night i stauck my head out into the garden to see if there was anything doing.The

Interplanetary magnetic field was at 16 south so the CME that hit earlier would make its way much firther south than it would otherwise.

Turned out to be a strong KP 7 storm.The full moon ruined it a little but as this photo shows aurora can be seen easily from the confines of the town

and the full moonlight.Not a location of choice but i couldnt be bothere going out along the coast at 1 in the morning.

It was either this or my bedroom window and i dont think the boss would have appreciated me opening the bedroom window at 1 in the morning

ruining her beauty sleep.

IMG_3929flickr-1.jpg

I went out after the Golf as well, I had feared the bright moon would wash it all out but it was rather spectacular. Jam1e1 it was a very clear green colour where I was, it's much more intense than a DSO so the eye can discern the colour, reds are also often seen.

Archived