Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M33 Triangulum Galaxy

Kai

Last night i thought i would have a go with my new ED80 Pro.

Not the best night for Low Galaxy imaging ;) The moon was nice and bright !.But i thought it would give me experiance so decided on M33 as its a target i havent tried.So i set up the scope with my Atik attached via a 6.3 focal reducer and let it run.

So M33 which is a sum of 90mins of 90 second subs,stacked in Maxim and badly processed in Cs2 (wheres Martin when i need him :wink:)

1410_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I am planning to return later in the year to capture some more data to give me some more detail.

Don't start with the modesty stuff Kai, that's not the easiest of targets I am told, and you have just made it look easy.

You have really bounced on to the scene with your first few images no less.

I would say that's Cushtie mate.

Ron. ;)

Well done Steve, there's lots of detail in there and it is a tricky target especially with the moon around.

Have a look at the primers on reducing star size. Also I'm sure the galaxy would stand some more sharpening. There are primers which explain about making a star layer to protect you from getting halos when you do the sharpening and also one on how to sharpen. The stretch you've done looks spot on.

If you have trouble with the primers without the photos they are on my web site in the resources section www.astropixels.co.uk

When i get some more Data then i will then have a go with your suggestions Martin :thumbright:

Looking at it Steve, your signal to noise ratio is pretty good. On the posted image the dimmer parts of the Galaxy still look pretty smooth.

Archived