Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Erwin Kats

FSQ 106 EDX III and ASA DDM 85

Since the summer this is my ''temporary'' setup.

still waiting for the robofocus delivery :(

and after that the big scope :)

Just wanted to share the photo of the setup for a overkill impression.

fsq-hdr-1-klein2.jpg

The front:

fsq-106-1.jpg

Edited by Erwin Kats
  • Like 1

Wow !!

Now theres something you don't see every day - looking forward to seeing the "big scope"

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for the comments !

The fsq was a pain in the wallet for just the 106mm, but it is a honor to have.

• Like 1

Took some time, but finally got the good adapter from tak to QSI, it was shipped fram landseaky store in the USA to a friend of my in the USA, and from him to me ( lol, that for a adapter )

here 2 pics, note, the QE .73 reducer is installed.

fsq-adap-klein.jpg

fsq-adap2-klein.jpg

regards, Erwin.

Lovely! You can't beat an FSQ.

Is the Robofocus for remote or are you findng focus shifts during a run? My 85 doesn't shift much but it may be joined by a 106 which has a reputation for temperature affecting focus.

Olly

• Like 1

The fsq is the best scope i owned till so far, from all the apo's from william optics to sterllarvue and stuff in between, this is the best.

all the money that went to stuff from william optics was lost money, problems with the optics, with the mechanics etc.

but this is it, its alot of money, but if i calculate it back to the other apo stuff, its ''some money''

and yes Olly, i get alot of focus shift during the sessions ( still waiting for the robofocus o noooooo :( )

The fsq is the best scope i owned till so far, from all the apo's from william optics to sterllarvue and stuff in between, this is the best.

all the money that went to stuff from william optics was lost money, problems with the optics, with the mechanics etc.

but this is it, its alot of money, but if i calculate it back to the other apo stuff, its ''some money''

and yes Olly, i get alot of focus shift during the sessions ( still waiting for the robofocus o noooooo :( )

Yes, there are lots of issues with WO but it is against many peoples' rules to say so. Not mine and not yours, so it seems!

I have never regretted my FSQ. Few things in life (and none in astrophotography!) work so well.

Olly

id rather have Toa-150 :grin: in my dreams its the king of kings ill stick with my WO 152mm

TOA150_03.jpg

• Like 1

The TOA 150 was also one of the things i wanted as a next imaging scope, but for imaging i do not like moste refractors as they sometimes produce ''fat'' stars.

now heading for a RC in stead of refractor.

btw: robofocus arrived.

robofock1.jpg

robofocus-side.jpg

id rather have Toa-150 :grin: in my dreams its the king of kings ill stick with my WO 152mm

TOA150_03.jpg

For DS imaging the trouble with refractors is that, as they get bigger, they get slower. So I prefer our FSQ85 (F3.9) to our TEC140 (F7) - for imaging. At a FL of around 600mm or less I wouldn't swap anything at all for one of the Tak FSQs or a TV quadruplet. For me the FL is too short for diffraction spikes and the small square stars they can produce but if you want crazy speed then the Epsilon or similar is for you.

Once you are up to a metre of FL I have to admit that the big refractors have rivals and the reflectors begin to take over. Boy, do I hate to say it!!

Olly