Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

FSQ 106 EDX III and ASA DDM 85

Erwin Kats

• 2 weeks later...

Took some time, but finally got the good adapter from tak to QSI, it was shipped fram landseaky store in the USA to a friend of my in the USA, and from him to me ( lol, that for a adapter )

here 2 pics, note, the QE .73 reducer is installed.

fsq-adap-klein.jpg

fsq-adap2-klein.jpg

regards, Erwin.

The fsq is the best scope i owned till so far, from all the apo's from william optics to sterllarvue and stuff in between, this is the best.

all the money that went to stuff from william optics was lost money, problems with the optics, with the mechanics etc.

but this is it, its alot of money, but if i calculate it back to the other apo stuff, its ''some money''

and yes Olly, i get alot of focus shift during the sessions ( still waiting for the robofocus o noooooo :( )

The fsq is the best scope i owned till so far, from all the apo's from william optics to sterllarvue and stuff in between, this is the best.

all the money that went to stuff from william optics was lost money, problems with the optics, with the mechanics etc.

but this is it, its alot of money, but if i calculate it back to the other apo stuff, its ''some money''

and yes Olly, i get alot of focus shift during the sessions ( still waiting for the robofocus o noooooo :( )

Yes, there are lots of issues with WO but it is against many peoples' rules to say so. Not mine and not yours, so it seems!

I have never regretted my FSQ. Few things in life (and none in astrophotography!) work so well.

Olly

The TOA 150 was also one of the things i wanted as a next imaging scope, but for imaging i do not like moste refractors as they sometimes produce ''fat'' stars.

now heading for a RC in stead of refractor.

btw: robofocus arrived.

robofock1.jpg

robofocus-side.jpg

id rather have Toa-150 :grin: in my dreams its the king of kings ill stick with my WO 152mm

TOA150_03.jpg

For DS imaging the trouble with refractors is that, as they get bigger, they get slower. So I prefer our FSQ85 (F3.9) to our TEC140 (F7) - for imaging. At a FL of around 600mm or less I wouldn't swap anything at all for one of the Tak FSQs or a TV quadruplet. For me the FL is too short for diffraction spikes and the small square stars they can produce but if you want crazy speed then the Epsilon or similar is for you.

Once you are up to a metre of FL I have to admit that the big refractors have rivals and the reflectors begin to take over. Boy, do I hate to say it!!

Olly

Archived