Narrowband

I'm in :)

Photosbykev

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope I wasn't too late! Have just booked, arrive Thursday, leave Monday.

See you there Lewis! Is John coming as well? Im toying with the idea of coming on Thusrday too, just to increase the chances of catching a clear sky.

I'll definitely remember to being the MPCC over, I would be interested to see if you get the same off axis halo that i do. But I might leave the vodka at home, as last year I had one of those "I need to go and lay down for a bit" moments..... was terribly drunk at the time...lol.

See you there Lewis! Is John coming as well? Im toying with the idea of coming on Thusrday too, just to increase the chances of catching a clear sky.

I'll definitely remember to being the MPCC over, I would be interested to see if you get the same off axis halo that i do. But I might leave the vodka at home, as last year I had one of those "I need to go and lay down for a bit" moments..... was terribly drunk at the time...lol.

Yes, you were rather hammered on the last night ;-) First time I've seen someone employ Jedi skills while doing image processing.

Yes, you were rather hammered on the last night ;-) First time I've seen someone employ Jedi skills while doing image processing.

Hi George, I hope to get another look though your scope (and many EPs!). I think this time round I wont need to worry so much about whether my guiding is going wrong while im away so I can chill out and enjoy the sky a bit more. I remember my first night there, I went slightly off course in the dark and tripped over a guy rope... I felt like such a dunce (doh!). Lesson learnt, was much more careful after that.

That was my thoughs too, Rob - more chance of a clear sky. Or is it also more chance of a cloudy sky? Which would lead to even more sampling of the local cider and tripping over guy ropes?? ;)

I'd be interested in trying the MPCC too, to compare the CA between the two correctors. Having said that, I've started to suspect that I used to have some trapped moisture in there because the halos seem to have reduced recently! :icon_scratch:

Woohoo,

I'm in, 1st star party, arrive Thurs - leave Sun, sandwiched between Mod and Sponsors, soooooooooooooo many questions! :grin:

(please dont laff at my fumbling attempts to impersonate an amateur astronomer)

Cheers,

Rick

Archived