SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Practice what you preach!

MorningMajor

My daughter's car had a flat battery this morning- "Never fear" I assured her," I'll just get my power pack and have you up and runing in no time" After all, we all know that we have to keep them charged during the summer when they're not in use as much don't we?

Yeah, right - Flat as a pancake!! - Has it really been that long since I took my Celestron out?

So, red faces all round and my daughter's still got a flat battery!

If the chemistry in your pack is lead/acid, they don't like long periods discharged, find a corner in the shed/garage and leave it there, on charge. The amount of juice they drain is negligible and it's always tip top when u need it.

With the caveat, after a couple of years, they will fail to take charge anyhoo.

Andy

I dont have need for a power tank, but at my works we build horse box`s on new chassis, these can sit in our yards for some time waiting for a build slot, and digital tachograph will nibble at the battery, till they go dead flat, then they are a lost cause

Archived