Please help.

Hello everyone.

Finally got my 200p out for a bit while the clouds have cleared! It's been out for about 20 minutes. There's nothing! It reacts to light so I can define light from dark but there's nothing viewable at all through the main EP! They finder viewer is fine! Even seen the double in Ursa Major! But the main scope it's self has nothing. I'm waitin for the moon to come round so I can test it!

Has anyone any ideas as to what it could be? I'd understand it there were mushy specks of individual light, it'd just need collimating but this shows nothing whatsoever!

Thanks from a very confused Tom!

I have no idea of your experience level so please excuse some of these questions if they sound patronising - that is NOT my intent!

What eyepiece are you using? Is it possible that you have inserted a Barlow lens instead of an eyepiece? (You would not be the first!)

Have you removed the whole of the dust cover from the front of the 'scope and not just the small cap? (I've come across this one too!)

Can you describe exactly what pieces of equipment you have attached to the focuser of the telescope?

usually this means you have both 2" and 1.25" adapters in place. you only need one adapter. if you have attached two then remove the larger one and put the smaller one back in and you should be able to get focus. it's a common error http://stargazerslou...irs-and-clouds/

Thank you! You were exactly right! I feel like a right dumba** now! That's what it was.

Thank you so much!

Steppenwolf I understand you weren't bein patronising. Thank you for your help! I'll keep that information for the future!

Thank you all again! It's very much appreciated!

Tom.

Archived