Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 891 - 8" F/4 | Emberger Alm ITT 2012

Betelgeuze

Hello people,

I visited the ITT 2012 at Emberger Alm and met some really nice astronomers there. In addition to that i switched to Off-Axis Guiding, which improved my Guiding perfomance dramatically.

One of the cables of my MGEN Autoguider broke, so I was not able to use the Dithering-function.

Here you go, I hope you like it anyway:

8023181522_a1995f6ce5_b.jpg

NGC_891 - ITT 2012 von Betelgeuse93 auf Flickr

CS,

Simon

11x12min. - ISO 200

Half moon

Hey Simon,

Great to "see you" around here mate :)

So, I see your meeting went well, what a great image, superbly processed!

It's good to see that you're using 200 ISO, what do you say about it? Been a fan of lower ISO values and longer subs since long ago, you end up with better dynamic range and lower noise, better star colors (they dont blow up as much), and a cleaner image at the end without so much "hammering" in post processing, next imaging run I'll try 100 ISO with 20 or even 30 min. subs with my cooled 350D, I've just assembled a more powerfull peltier unit on it ;)

The down side on doing very long subs is that you have to be perfectly polar aligned or else field rotation starts creeping in your subs...:/

About off axis guiding, are you using those new TS low profile oag'S?

Greets,

Luís

Thanks for all of your compliments! I'm very pleased :)

Hello Luis, nice to hear from you here! :)

Yes, I will definitely stick to a lower ISO, but I probably not go further down. Yes, I'm using the OAG9 of Teleskop-Service. Good luck with your Peltiercooling. :)

Camera is an unmodified 550D - processed with PixInsight

Cs,

Simon

Archived