SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Swindon Stargazers meeting in October

rwilkey

On the 19 October we welcome Sally Russell, who will be talking about her passion for astronomical sketching. Sally is a Research Chemist by profession and a Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society. She is an avid amateur astronomer with a particular interest in solar and lunar observing, as well as being a keen and creative artist.

Finally marrying her life-long astronomy and art pursuits together in 2003, she has subsequently developed and presented workshops on astronomical sketching, painted a number of astronomical commissions, and had sketches and articles published in various UK astronomy magazines and websites.

Sally is also a co-author in a recent book called ‘Sketching the Moon: An Astronomical Artist's Guide (Patrick Moore's Practical Astronomy Series), published by Springer.

Hiya Pete, I hope you didn't mind me jumping the gun a bit with a note about the next meeting. I saw Sally speak at a previous star party at Sixpenny Handley, she was extremely good and great to listen to, amazing drawings, I am sure it will be a very interesting meeting!

Archived